Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Return of Wired Thoughts ...

It seems like this blog went through the same thing that a lot of blogs go through ... a lull characterized by lack of activity, for a long time. This usually comes after a "honey-moon" phase of initial blogging.

I've realized, though, that this blog had some hidden merits for it's author. I noticed that my typing speed improved when I was blogging, I spent less time surfing reddit and other such time-guzzling sites, my vocabulary improved, and most importantly, I felt a better sense of "thinking" throughout the day.

In a way, this blog was my way of meditating. I'm going to start meditating again.

Out of curiosity, how many of you loyal readers check for new posts often? Google Reader says that I have 12 subscribers. If you have read this post, can you post a quick, anonymous comment so I can see if I have any "ghost" stalkers?

As such, I recommend you start blogging if you haven't already done so, and do it regularly. The benefits, though hidden, are well worth the effort.

Cheers,
--Shafik

5 comments:

amckenny said...

This is Aaron... I'm an avid fan.

Beau Papier said...

Ooh me me me! I stalk you every day, in our home. I love you baby :]

Craig Brandenburg said...

What a cheat of a way to draw comments from your readers. I wish I had thought of it first!

Colissa said...

:) Good to know you're back.

Steve Kobes said...

a quick, anonymous comment